Your job: Help your agency become what clients need, before clients even know it’s what they need. In most agencies, innovation and new business have nothing to do with each other. This means most agencies are missing out on huge opportunities.
To win future business, we know that we can’t simply keep doing what we did to win past business. The industry is moving too quickly for that. Clients expect more from agencies. And if we don’t get there first, another agency will. But evolving ways of working on existing business is challenging. Teams are busy doing amazing things for current clients and don’t have the bandwidth or incentive to think about future needs. They’ve got work orders to fulfill! They’ve got briefs to solve! They’ve got meetings to meet!
New business, however, is full of possibility and opportunity. In today’s constantly-changing world, if your job is to win business, then your job is to help push the agency forward so that the agency you need to be in order to win.
Join Tim Leake, RPA as he reviews ways to use new business as an incubator for new ways of working and why it’s smart. Tim will describe how to facilitate innovation within your agency, rather than prescribe it.
- Why this approach will help you win more, help energize your team and inspire existing business
- How to stop confusing “innovation” with “technology”
- Turning innovation initiatives into prospecting tools
- Overcoming skepticism to change (from yourself and others)
- How this approach helps overcome Clayton Christensen’s famous “Innovator’s Dilemma”
- Why “this is the way we’ve always done it” is both useful and dangerous
- How to become what your clients need….before they need it.
Who should attend:
- Anyone involved in agency new business.
- Agency leadership across all disciplines.
- Anyone interested in helping lead the future of our industry.
About Tim Leake:
Tim is the SVP/Chief Marketing & Innovation Officer for RPA. As a former copywriter, creative director, innovation consultant and speaker, he brings an unusual background to the role of an agency new business leader.
Since joining RPA six years ago, the agency has doubled in size and won business from Apartments.com, Southwest Airlines, the Los Angeles Clippers, Dropbox, TikTok, Dole, Pocky and Cedars-Sinai, just to name a few. For the last ten years, Tim has also been a Master Class speaker in Hyper Island’s Master Classes for digital transformation, helping thousands of brand marketers and agency leaders learn to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing world. He has spoken at the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity three times, at SXSW three times, and TEDx once. He’s working on balancing that out.