It’s no secret that project work is increasing while predictable AOR relationships are on the decline. And the decline is likely to continue, especially among small and mid-sized agencies. Accepting this trend can mean the difference between agency survival and failure. But… embracing it and learning to love it can lead to thriving success.
It takes a shift in approach.
- You must understand client operating models for managing multiple agencies and how you can puzzle piece in
- You must learn how to stay on the radar screen when you don’t have any live projects, and do so without becoming a pest
- You must project an image of loving a competitive “Jump Ball” as you’re confident you’ll win more than you’ll lose
- You must carefully evaluate opportunities to make sure that one project can lead to more, and learn how to network effectively within the client organization.
Join Dan Wald as he helps you develop a more flexible, streamlined approach to proposal, pricing and staffing in order to maintain profitability.
- Shifting Your Focus to Embrace Project Work
- Understanding Recent Trends in Managing Multiple Agencies and How to Get Your Nose Under the Tent
- Staying On the Radar When You’re Off the Radar
- Being Hungry and Passionate
- Evaluating Opportunities for Future Growth
- Proving Success in Order to Get the Next Project
- Staffing for Project Work.
Who should attend:
- Agency Principals, Owners, Founders
- Agency CFOs and Finance Managers
- Agency New Business Teams
- Creative Directors
- Strategists and Planners
- Account Leaders
- Client Procurement Directors and Managers
About Dan Wald:
Dan Wald has over 35 years of experience at agencies large and small, independent and networked and in holding company roles at WPP, IPG, and Publicis. Dan worked as Chief Growth Officer for Brunner, and earlier as SVP of New Business for Publicis Kaplan Thaler. He started his career client side at Citibank and Barnes & Noble. Most recently, he spent several years as a Review Consultant with Joanne Davis Consulting before becoming an independent writer and trainer at WordsbyWald.
Dan is a highly rated ANA faculty member teaching courses on effective agency management and managing multiple agencies. He has facilitated workshops across a wide variety of industries for such marketers as Comcast, AutoZone, Mars, CVS/Aetna, Georgia-Pacific, ExxonMobil, Sargento, Hyundai, Aflac, Wawa, BMO Harris, Lufthansa, 3M, Hologic, Otsuka, United Healthcare, Darden, Tempur-Sealy, Vanguard, and Whirlpool, among others.
He has also facilitated in-depth custom workshops for companies including J&J and Janssen.
Dan is the author of Ad Asylum, a fictional send-up of the pitch process.