Why Niche Marketing Greatly Expands Your Assets Under Management and How to Position Yourself as “The Expert Financial Advisor” in Your Desired Niche
Most financial advisors tend to work with anybody that has investable assets above a certain threshold and they tend to market themselves with that mindset. They are “generalists” that inevitably become subject to a business growth rate that is in line with the general industry averages. They never “Breakout” into the “Top Producers Circle”.
Today, financial services professionals are under unprecedented pressure coming from competitors (Human & Robo), compliance procedures, shrinking fees, and client demands. Clearly, to thrive in today’s environment requires an advisor to think differently and not expect to have better results, unless they do things differently.
On November 1, join Nick Mariniello and learn how to identify, develop, and market yourself to one or two investor niches, while not having to abandon your general investor clients. You will learn how to work exponentially smarter, instead of dramatically harder.
- The difference between a “target market” and a “market niche”.
- Why marketing to your “niche” is vastly better than just having a “target market.”
- How to become the proverbial “Big Fish in a Small Pond” and reap the benefits of being the resident expert.
- How to determine what your niche is, should be, or could be.
- How to develop a “Marketing Parthenon” that fully embeds you into your niche market.
- Understanding how to fully leverage your natural marketing skills versus swimming against the current.
- How to identify your “Highest Value Activities” so that you focus more on what is working and less on what is not.
Who Should Attend:
All financial services professionals that are ready to grow their book of clients and their assets under management dramatically faster and more efficiently than they ever had before.
About your Seminar Leader:
Nick Mariniello began his career on Wall Street in 1982 as a stockbroker and rose through the ranks to become the national sales manager for an independent brokerage firm in 1991. Five years later, he decided to stretch his entrepreneurial legs and started his own brokerage and advisory company which grew to over 250 advisors around the country. In 2004, he sold that company to a NY private equity firm and started a new company focused on delivering institutional investment management to trust banks, via a customized technology platform. This was a new approach to trust account investing and quickly became the benchmark for others. After growing that business to over 50 bank clients and $11Billion in assets under administration, Nick sold the company to the country’s largest public, independent brokerage firm in 2011.
In 2014, Nick decided to leverage his experience, knowledge, and network and founded Upstream Business Consulting LLC, a boutique consulting firm catering to small and mid-sized companies. In March 2015, Nick affiliated his consulting company with FocalPoint International, a Brian Tracy company, and established “FocalPointBusiness Coaching & Training of New Jersey”. Today, he leads a team of six elite, certified business coaches and trainers that guide businesses throughout the region. Areas of specialization include:
- Time Management and Personal Performance
- Team Engagement and Employee Assessments
- Sales & Marketing Strategies & Training
- Growth, Succession & Exit Strategies
Nick graduated from Rutgers University with a BA in Business Administration. A lifelong resident of New Jersey, Nick resides in Lincroft and is married to his wife Eileen for 26 years and has two boys ages 24 & 21.